Sketchup Screenshot

Sketchup Screenshot
Above image © De Santis-Philipson Architects. All other Images © Scott Miller 2010 unless stated otherwise

Monday 22 November 2010

Laser Ques and Case Making

Laser Cutting

The wait for the laser has gotten considerably longer over the last week and with 3 weeks till the end of term and most likely alot of course deadline it has become much much busier in there. I have prebooked a session for tomorrow and Wednesday morning which should allow me to get another load of parts cut to allow assembly of the final model to begin. The priority for tomorrow is 2mm wall parts which will allow me to start putting the overall shape together including the new build sections which I have yet to see fully etched and cut. I am going to try and book another session this week to ensure i get as many if not all of the parts cut before the final week. Time is running out!

Case Making

Whilst I am waiting for my slot on the laser cutter I have begun to cut and prepare the parts of my acrylic display case. My Tensol-70 arrived last week from Trade Signs (http://www.tradesignsuk.com/search.asp?Keywords=tensol%2070) and I am looking forward to applying the case making skills I picked up over the summer in this project.

As the workshop acrylic blade is on the small circular saw without sliding table I was unable to cut the ends of the long parts. To overcome this I made a jig (below) that allowed me to cut them to size and then add the 8degree Tensol gap at the relevant ends.


I will also make good use of this for the Foamex Ultra parts for the base board to put 45degree angles on the corners. I prepared each piece for tensol application tomorrow morning, leaving as much of the protective covering on as possible (below).

No comments:

Post a Comment