Sketchup Screenshot

Sketchup Screenshot
Above image © De Santis-Philipson Architects. All other Images © Scott Miller 2010 unless stated otherwise

Friday 22 October 2010

Concept model & rethinking sampling

As I posted the previously, tutors Will and Claire initially encouraged me to experiment with finishes and construction methods in order to show a range of sampling across my project. It took me a while to accept I needed to go down this route and in the process got side tracked and decided to produce a mock up model and in turn a mould to allow me to case various styles for the model look. I felt this quickly began to verge on being an art project and I felt it was wasting my time from the outset. Despite this 'wasted' time, the process has helped to me to clarify exactly what I need to produce in the supporting work for this model. I am now aiming to produce a samples board similar to that which I produced during my commercical exploration project last year ( http://scottmiller-ce.blogspot.com/2010/02/taa-daa.html. )


The finished concept model looks quite astheticly pleasing and fits within the final base which will be good for photographs at a later stage in the development (see above and below).





I feel I really need to define exactly what parts of the model are going to be made and which sections of roof will be removable. Paul mentioned out mid way crits in around 10 days time. This has kicked me into gear and I will continue with the final construction next week. I am more concerned about my IS project which currently consists of little more than scattered notes and a blur of ideas in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment