Sketchup Screenshot

Sketchup Screenshot
Above image © De Santis-Philipson Architects. All other Images © Scott Miller 2010 unless stated otherwise

Tuesday 12 October 2010

Base Assembly Continues

I successfully cut my MDF height guide batons from 9mm MDF. The correct settings on laser3 were P100 S0.5. Althought these settings were changed from those I tried yesterday, I am fairly certain the reason my cut lines were so inaccurate was due to me not switching the unit preferences in Illustrator to mm before sending the file to print.

I was also able to cut a maquette section of the church to test assembly (Below). Although this was fairly successful, the detailed window sections melted slighly due to the heat build up around the closer detail. I intend to produce a sheet of test settings to determine the best settings to use to maintain the detail in full.
I used a multitool in the workshop that oselated back and forth giving a surprisingly good clean cut to the foamex board. I used this to cut 26mm off the bottom of the base to take into account the 26mm depth needed to foot the building.

In the afternoon I was able to assemble the mdf batons on the base having removed 26mm excess foamex to bring the overall base height to 100mm including batons (Below). This seems to have been successful and although I have yet to fix down the acrylic top sheet, the strength provided seems more than enough.



Tomorrow I will look at alternate methods of assembly to change the eventual finished look. I will fix down the acrylic top sheet of the base which will enable me to begin filling out the gradients around the south east end of the church.

Will confirmed that the Uni have Tensol in stock which will save me buying a bottle for the case when I get round to making that towards the end of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment