Sketchup Screenshot

Sketchup Screenshot
Above image © De Santis-Philipson Architects. All other Images © Scott Miller 2010 unless stated otherwise

Monday 11 October 2010


Having seen Lauren's larser cut MDF maquette (see above) on Friday I decided to cut the batons for my base board using the same method. Due to a mix up in settings (p40 s0.5) on 9mm mdf the print failed to cut and I Ed said the power should have been up to 100.

I have not heard back from Jim DeSantis regarding the type of section into the building.





The time taken to correct the medium sized window section show above took approx 2hrs. It is important to remember this is the first I have done for this project so the rest should not take as long per window.


I spend most of this morning redrawing parts of the building elevations on Rhino to allow me to laser cut smaple maquettes over the next few days. I will produce a range of sample finishes to show to the architects aswell as allowing me to practise assembly of the building components (Screenshots above).

Note: Regarding the CAAD drawings provided by the architect; the vast majority of lines ar not joined or do not meet at intersections and will have to be checked prior to laser cutting.

I plan to spend the rest of the day redrawing as many sections of the building as possible as I can't get into the laser cutting room due to inductions. I'll keep checking on the off chance I can jump in.

No comments:

Post a Comment