Sketchup Screenshot

Sketchup Screenshot
Above image © De Santis-Philipson Architects. All other Images © Scott Miller 2010 unless stated otherwise

Wednesday 6 October 2010

Having studied the plans for the church I realised that I would have to increase the footing on the building. It will now be 21mm rather than the planned 10mm. This is due to the tool store at basement level which I had previously overlooked.

I have cut the pieces for my baseboard from foamex slightly oversized to allow the site grounds to fit entirely (previously it had cut approx 15mm of land near the garden store out). The dimensions for the new base are 600 x 440 x 100mm.

Having discussed using foamex with Paul Johnson He suggested using thixofix contact adhesive to stick it together. Having made several bases out of this over the summer I am keen to use the solvet glue I brought from Technical Models Ltd called Tetrahydrofuran, more commonly known as 'Bomb'. Due to the high solvent level in Bomb I'll have to use it outside on a bench to ensure the fumes can vent.

No comments:

Post a Comment