Sketchup Screenshot

Sketchup Screenshot
Above image © De Santis-Philipson Architects. All other Images © Scott Miller 2010 unless stated otherwise

Monday 18 October 2010

Re-drawing and the need to be experimental


First thing today I managed to finish the set of stairs to the basement and the supporting wall that I began late of Friday. These turned out well and the baseboard feels like it has progressed a great deal because of it (see above). I then spent the vast majority of today re-drawing the architects drawings on rhino in preparation for laser cutting.






Many of the details drawn are mearly squiggles to represent relief areas of artistic detail (actual detail and architects drawings shown below)











I have decided to redraw these to a better standard as I am confident I can achieve a better simplified likeness to the original detailing.


Speaking to Will, I feel the need for me to make varied samples with of my maquette may risk me not getting the overall project finished. Although I won't be able to get a final decision on finish from the achitect I am worried about expending too much time on this experimental side of the project. However, I have come to accept that I'm going to have to secure a higher grade. In order to do this I will put aside several days purly for experimentation once I have finilised my laser cutting drawings and am happy they are master examples to work from.

No comments:

Post a Comment