Sketchup Screenshot

Sketchup Screenshot
Above image © De Santis-Philipson Architects. All other Images © Scott Miller 2010 unless stated otherwise

Tuesday 5 October 2010







Decided on a scale of 1:100 with the base size approximatly A2 (594mm x 420mm).

Taking from my experience at Technical Models Ltd over the summer I will create my base using Foamex board and acrylic.

This base size just covers the site itself. A 'skirt' piece around the edge will be added later to allow an acrylic cover to slot over the model for protection.

The elevations show a minor decline in the surrounding landscape towards the south east end of the church. I will create this using batons shaped accordingly. I will add an additional 10mm to the height of these batons to accomodate the footing of the church itself.

I have just recieved a reply from Jim at DeSantis Philipson and now have their full Google sketchup model which will be of great use when it comes to visualising each new part come together (screenshot at top).

I came by the Didsbury Baptist Church website today at: http://www.didsburybaptistchurch.org.uk/

Although there isnt a great deal of Architectural information on the web site it is interesting to see the number of groups and interested parties that use the church on a regular basis.

By the end of the week I need to complete my learning agreement and hopefully have the main section of the base completed. Tomorrow I need to think over the construction, detail and colour finish of the main building.

No comments:

Post a Comment