Sketchup Screenshot

Sketchup Screenshot
Above image © De Santis-Philipson Architects. All other Images © Scott Miller 2010 unless stated otherwise

Friday 15 October 2010

More base work

I spent the bulk of Wednesday and Thursday fixing the acrylic ground level sheet to the base board and forming out the land with boady filler. The tricky part about this is getting the ramp heights correct leading up to the doors. I achived this by making a guide using the building base. I laser cut several strips to fix to the base at the correct height. Once sunk into the base these then gave the the exact height to work to. The main entrence way leading from school lane proved faily simple and is clearly draen on the plans.

The other doorway leading from the north eastern side of the new extension is less well defined. The sketch model shows a minor gradient running out from the doorway whereas the plans appear to have a much more defined ramp running out from the floor height leve (27.5mm from datum). I will attempt to smooth this out today to flow smoothly. These gradients should seem like a natural fit once painted and complete with the finished building (see below).

I have also started work on my Investigative Study project wich has slighly hindered my progess with this model. As this unit is now running alongside beyone the deadline I will have to work hard to keep up the pace. I will most likely devote 2+ hours to the IS in the library each day to keep ontop of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment