Sketchup Screenshot

Sketchup Screenshot
Above image © De Santis-Philipson Architects. All other Images © Scott Miller 2010 unless stated otherwise

Monday 4 October 2010

Getting started

Over the summer I was able to agree a brief with Architects DeSantis Philipson (http://www.desantisphilipson.co.uk/) in Manchester.


In short, the development consists of 2 main extentions to an existing church dating back to 1900. The model must show these extentions aswell as the main internal changes being made to support them (the main change being a change of floor height to accomodate disabled visitors.).





Planning has been approved for the developments (shown above) and the model will be on display within the church itself leading up to the start of construction up until completion. Currently the poposed start date is sometime within February


I went to the site of the church over the summer to take photos of the interior and exterior of the church which will be vital to my understanding the layout and look of the church (below).



I have also been able to aquire almost all of the architectural CAAD files (I'm waiting for others) which once again will be vital for the construction of this model.


Today, I am currently waiting to confirm my plans for this brief.

I have contacted the architect (Jim DeSantis) again to aquire further CAAD files and his sketchup model file to help with my development and eventual construction of the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment