Sketchup Screenshot

Sketchup Screenshot
Above image © De Santis-Philipson Architects. All other Images © Scott Miller 2010 unless stated otherwise

Tuesday 19 October 2010

In order to view any flaws in the sanded areas on the base I primer coated that section to expose any problems (see below). There are minor flaws but overall its quite good. These flaws will be easier to remove once the finished building models (mentioned below) are in place to ensure a good fit.


I have decided to start the experimentation side of this project by making the 'new build end' of the church using various materials and processes. Initially I am starting by making a wooden exisiting church with acrylic block new build sections (concept sketch below).


This will allow me to continue working on my base at a pace that wont risk running over the deadline. Once the base is finished I can use my sample maquette, built to 1:100, to photograph for my development record.


Today I managed to test several cut and etch strengths on 2mm acylic in attempt to get a better finish than that of my original maquette (see image below). These tests were also cut as separate pieces from the wall into which they are inteded to fit. The resulting fit is much tighter that cutting from the same piece and suites my construction method very well.






In addition to this I tried out applying various sizes of micro strip to bring out certain details on the face of the building. I tried adding filler to the skirt of the building (see below). This looks good unpainted but a primer coat will show how true that is.





I also redrew the detailed block sections on the existing main entrance of the church as I stated yesterday. These although not over complicated are much more defined that the drawings I was given that were not intended for laser cutting (see below).



No comments:

Post a Comment